World Literacy Day 2022: September 8 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 07 2022
World Literacy Day 2022: Since 1967, world literacy day is observed each year on the 8th of september. This day was declared by The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation or UNESCO on 26th October 1966. This day is observed in order to create awareness about literacy. Literacy and Education both are very important for humans to create and survive in a sustainable society. Though progress made in literacy, illiteracy around the world is still in count. After the Pandemic, most people stopped their education. The world literacy day celebration lies in the heart of the regional, country, and local levels. We need to enhance the readers and learners. We have to improve the existing learning sources through the integrated approach and enable literacy learning in the position of lifelong learning. At the world level, a two-day hybrid international event will be organized on 8 and 9 september 2022. This year's admirable programs and literacy practices will be announced at the 2022 UNESCO International Literacy Prizes award ceremony.
List of Important Days in September 2022
World Literacy Day 2022: History
- In 1966, UNESCO declared the 8th of september as World Literacy Day to remind the importance of literacy as a matter of dignity and human rights for people.
- UNESCO encourages International Literacy Day in partnership with governments, local communities, charities, and experts in the field worldwide.
- International Literacy Day was first coined in the “World Conference of Ministers of Education on the Eradication of Illiteracy” held in Tehran, Iran in 1965.
- According to UNESCO “Literacy is the best remedy” which is a right for all to an education.
World Literacy Day 2022 Theme:
- World literacy day is celebrated on the 8th of september of every year with some specific themes. The theme of World Literacy Day 2022 is “Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces”.
World Literacy Day 2022: Significance
- Literacy is important for proper social and individual human development. World Literacy Day denotes the importance of literacy in societies. This aims to provide literacy for everyone.
- Literacy is the most powerful one which helps everyone to think independently. With the help of Literacy, many people all over the world will get employment opportunities to improve themselves.
- World Literacy Day is celebrated to spread awareness of literacy and education.
World Literacy Day 2022: Quotes
- “Literacy is the most basic currency of the knowledge economy”.
- “Reading and writing, like everything else, improve with practice. And, of course, if there are no young readers and writers, there will shortly be no older ones. Literacy will be dead, and democracy-which many believe goes hand in hand with it-will be dead as well”.
World Literacy Day 2022: FAQs
Q: Who declared World Literacy Day?
A: World Literacy Day was declared by The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation or UNESCO.
Q: What is the Theme of the World Literacy Day 2022?
A: The theme of World Literacy Day 2022 is “Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces”.
Also, access free PDFs
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included