World Hypertension Day 2022 - May 17 | History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 13 2022
World Hypertension Day 2022: World Hypertension Day 2022 is celebrated on May 17. This day is prompted by the World Hypertension League(WHL). World Hypertension League (WHL) is the umbrella organization of 85 national hypertension societies and leagues. High blood pressure is the main risk factor for hypertension. Hypertension causes cardiovascular disease and premature death. The cardiovascular disease leads to death and raised blood pressure in Americans. More than 1 billion people in the world live with hypertension. World Hypertension Day 2022 is to raise awareness to reduce hypertension by 25% by 2025. Here we are providing World hypertension Day 2022, its history, theme, significance, and famous quotes.
World Hypertension Day 2022 - History
- World Hypertension Day 2022 is observed on 17th May.
- World Hypertension League (WHL) was launched on World Hypertension Day on 14th May 2005 and observed since 2006.
- World Hypertension affects more than 30% of adult people and affects more than 1 billion people around the world.
- Hypertension also affects chronic kidney disease, heart disease, cardiovascular disease, etc.
- According to Dr. Santhosh Kumar Dora, people with hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease, may affect some severe symptoms and complications once they are affected by a coronavirus.
- World Hypertension Day 2022 is to create an impact to reduce high blood pressure and other severe diseases like heartaches, kidney disease, breathing problems, etc.
World Hypertension Day 2022 Theme
- Every year theme is allocated for World Hypertension Day to try to reduce hypertension among people.
- Likewise, the theme of World Hypertension Day 2022 is “Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer”.
World Hypertension Day 2022 - Significance
- There are a few yoga asanas from Sukhasana to Vajrasana, that control blood pressure and maintain your daily fitness routine.
- According to National Family Health Survey, in 2017, found that one out of eight Indians suffers from high blood pressure.
- Normally, a person maintains a blood pressure reading of 120/80. If blood pressure is more than above, the person might suffer from high blood pressure.
- World Hypertension Day 2022 is celebrated to know the importance of high blood pressure.
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) initiated the scheme HEARTS to address hypertension.
World Hypertension Day 2022 Quotes
Here we are providing World Hypertension Day 2022 famous quotes by famous personalities
“Hypertension is a part of life that may or may not enter your life. Don’t take it as the full stop rather, start a new beginning with healthy Life”.
“It is very important to keep your lifestyle healthy and free of tension so that hypertension cannot affect you. Wish you World Hypertension Day”.
Here we are providing some important facts about World Hypertension Day 2022. The aspirants can read and get to know some important facts about World Hypertension Day 2022. In this article, we have covered World Hypertension Day 2022, its history, theme, significance, etc.
World Hypertension Day 2022 - Some Important FAQs
Q. What Hypertension means?
A. Hypertension means the blood pressure is higher than normal and it may vary daily depending on the daily activities.
Q. What are the symptoms of Hypertension?
A. The various symptoms of hypertension are vision change, early morning headaches, nosebleeds, irregular heart rhythms, etc.
Q. What are the types of high blood pressure?
A. There are two types of high blood pressure: they are primary blood pressure and secondary blood pressure.
GA Questions Asked in SBI PO Mains 2023: 30th January Shift 1
Jan 30 2023
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis 2023: 30th January Shift 1 Good Attempts And Difficulty Level
Jan 30 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily
Jan 30 2023