World Heart Day 2022: September 29 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 27 2022
World Heart Day 2022: Every year World Heart Day is celebrated on 29th September. Heart is the primary organ of the circulatory system. It is located between the lungs, in the middle compartment of the chest. Heart is fist sized organ which pumps blood throughout our body. The pumped blood provides oxygen and nutrients to our body and it carries away the waste like carbon dioxide. It is made up of three layers: inner endocardium, middle myocardium and outer epicardium. Heart contains four main chambers. The two atria is an upper chamber which receives blood and two ventricles are the lower chamber which discharges blood. Heart was surrounded by Pericardium. The heart can beat around 72 beats per minute. The average heart weighs around 280 to 340 grams for male and for females it weighs around 230 to 280 grams. Globally, Most common cause of death due to Cardiovascular disease (CVD). CVD includes heart consists of blood clots, diseased vessels and structural problems of the heart. Smoking obesity, saturated fat and heightened levels of glucose lead to CVD disease. Let’s see about the history, theme, significance and quotes for World Heart Day.
List of Important Days in September 2022
World Heart Day 2022: History
- In 1999, The World Heart Federation (WFH) along with the World Health Organization (WHO) established World Heart Day.
- The idea to celebrate World Heart Day was proposed by Antoni Bayes de Luna, who was the president of WFH from 1997 to 1999.
- The first celebration of this day took place on 24th september 2000. Until 2011, World Heart Day was celebrated on the last Sunday of September.
- In 2012, the leaders in the world committed to reduce the worldwide mortality from non communicable disease by 25 percent by 2025.
- World Heart Day is observed in order to increase public awareness about cardiovascular disease.
World Heart Day Theme 2022:
- Every year World Heart Day is celebrated with some special theme. World Heart Day Theme 2022 is “Cardiovascular Health for Everyone”.
World Heart Day 2022: Significance
- The main objective of World Heart Day is to inform people about Cardiovascular disease (CVD) including heart disease and stroke.
- Every year around 18.6 million people die all over the world due to the heart disease, stroke and CVD.
- This day is also observed to highlight the actions that individuals can prevent and control the CVD.
- On this day, the organizations from all over the world conduct science fairs, exhibitions, fitness sessions, walks and marathons.
- On World Heart Day we can gather our family and our friends and conduct fun events and educate them about heart disease, stroke and CVD.
World Heart Day 2022: Quotes
Here we give some quotes for World Heart Day.
- “A good heart is a beautiful home where you can always find peace!”
- “When you have heart disease, you start to be tired of everything. It’s like getting older. You become more white, and after that, grey. You have no feeling for anything.”
- “Heart disease is a food-borne illness.”
- “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.”
World Heart Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When is World Heart Day celebrated?
A: World Heart Day is celebrated on 29th September of every year.
Q: What is the theme of the World Heart Day 2022?
A: World Heart Day Theme 2022 is “Cardiovascular Health for Everyone”
Also, access free PDFs
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2023: June 4 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
Telangana Formation Day 2023: June 2 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
International Sex Workers Day 2023: June 2 History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023