World Day Against Child Labour 2022: June 12 | History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 06 2022
World Day Against Child Labour 2022: World Day Against Child Labour 2022 is observed all over the world on June 12th as an awareness event to protect children against labour. Every year on June 12th, around 100 countries throughout the world commemorate World Day Against Child Labor. The International Labour Organization established the World Day Against Child Labor in 2002. The day emphasizes the need of creating an environment in which children may grow and have a decent life, as well as combating child labour across the world. According to research, almost one out of every ten youngsters in the world is forced into labour. Since 2000, the total number has declined, although the rate of decrease has reduced by two-thirds in recent years. According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), there are around 152 million children working in child labour across the world, with 72 million of them working in hazardous situations.
Child labour, according to the International Labour Organization, is "employment that deprives children of their youth, potential, and dignity while also being damaging to their bodily and mental health." This is the kind of employment that denies children their right to an education and a decent life. Child labour, according to the ILO, is any sort of employment that has physical, emotional, or social effects on children and harms them in some manner. In fact, any form of employment that prevents children from attending school is considered child labour. Poverty is one of the primary causes of child labour since children are compelled to drop out of school and work in low-wage occupations to help their parents sustain their families. Furthermore, organised crime gangs coerce some children into child labour. According to the United Nations, around 152 million children between the ages of 5 and 17 were engaged in child labour, with over half of them, or 73 million, engaged in hazardous child labour. Nearly 48% of child labour victims were between the ages of 5 and 11, 28% were between the ages of 12 and 14, and 24% were between the ages of 15 and 17.
List of Important Days in June 2022
World Day Against Child Labour 2022: History
- In 1919, The International Labour Organization (ILO) was founded with the goal of promoting social justice and establishing International Labor Standards. ILO has 137 states as members.
- Since then, the ILO has enacted additional agreements aimed at improving labour conditions across the world.
- In 1973, The International Labor Organization (ILO) enacted Convention Number. 138 which focused on the minimum age for work. Its goal is for member nations to raise the minimum employment age and eliminate child labour.
- In 1999, The ILO convention number 182, often known as the "Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention," was approved. Its goal is to take the required and quick steps to end the worst type of child labour.
- In 2002, The World Day Against Child Labor was founded by the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations entity that oversees the worldwide community of labour. It ensures that many children aged 5 to 17 have a normal childhood by providing them with proper schooling, medical services, leisure time, or just basic liberties.
World Day Against Child Labour 2022: Theme
World Day Against Child Labour Theme 2022 “Children Shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams”. World Day Against Child Labor this year will concentrate on the effect of emergency on child work. The COVID-19 wellbeing pandemic and the subsequent financial and employment advertising stun are hugely affecting individuals’ lives and jobs. The World Day Against Child Labor was founded in 2002 by the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations entity that oversees the worldwide community of labour. It ensures that many children aged 5 to 17 have a normal childhood by providing them with proper schooling, medical services, leisure time, or just basic liberties.
World Day Against Child Labour 2022: Significance
World Day Against Child Labour is recognised to raise awareness about the global issue of child labour and develop solutions to eradicate it. The day is commemorated to raise awareness about the terrible emotional and physical consequences that children forced into child labour face across the world. Individuals can also utilise the day to design effective tools to combat the factors that contribute to child labour. This day is primarily focused on the development of children and supports children's rights to education and dignified existence. As a result, achieving the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 is critical. Several organisations, such as the ILO, are working to reduce child labour. But we must also be accountable and accept responsibility for assisting in the abolition of child labour. A child who has been exposed to child labour indeed learns about his or her potential and self-worth. They came to appreciate life, human rights, and decent existence. Without a doubt, such children will contribute to the country's and the world's economic and social development.
World Day Against Child Labour 2022: Quotes
- A child's childhood is for learning, don't use their childhood for earning.
- Child Labour is a crime and it is the duty of each one of us to raise our voices against it to make this world a better place to live.
- No matter how rich we are, we can never be happy because seeing a child as a labourer hurts every soul. Let us stand against Child Labour.
World Day Against Child Labour 2022: FAQs
Q: When was World Against Child Labour day started?
A: The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the first World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 as a way to highlight the plight of these children.
Q: Is the World day against child labour declared by the ILO?
A: It was spurred by ratifications of ILO Convention No. 138 on the minimum age for employment and ILO Convention No. 182 on the worst forms of child labour.
Also, access free PDFs
Mixture and Alligation Formula For Bank Exams: Download PDF
Apr 01 2023
Profit and Loss Formula For Bank Exams: Download PDF
Apr 01 2023
44th Chess Olympiad List 2022 Pdf: Winners, Results And Registration.
Apr 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included