Rare Disease Day 2022: February 28 | History, Theory, Science, and Quotes
Feb 12 2022
Rare Disease day 2022: February 28 is announced as the Rare Disease day 2022. This article gives you a clear view of Rare Disease day 2022. Every year, national science is celebrated on February 28 all over the world. With so many things going on in the world around us, it’s very easy to put off important things like health. That’s why on the last day of February each year we mark our calendars to bring awareness to rare diseases. An average of 1 in 20 people live with a rare disease at least once in their lifetime, few of which see any sign of a cure. The goal of Rare Disease Day is to improve knowledge amongst the general public of rare diseases while encouraging researchers and decision-makers to address the needs of those living with rare diseases.
A disease is a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant that is not a direct result of physical injury. A disease defined as rare is when it affects fewer than 1 in 2,000 people. However, there are over 300 million people living with one or more of over 6,000 identified rare diseases around the world.
Rare Disease Day at NIH will be held virtually on Monday, Feb. 28, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. This year’s event will feature panel discussions, rare diseases stories, virtual exhibitors, and scientific posters. There are new events available with enhanced engagement features and easier ways for connecting with others are Disease Day at NIH seeks to bring together a broad audience including patients, patient advocates, caregivers, health care providers, researchers, trainees, students, industry representatives, and government staff. The event is free and open to the public.
Rare Disease day 2022: History
- Founded by the European Organization for Rare Diseases, the first Rare Disease Day was celebrated in 2008 on February 29. A “rare” date that happens only once every four years.
- Since then, Rare Disease Day has taken place on the last day of February, a month is known for having a rare number of days. The day is held to raise awareness for rare diseases and improve access to treatment and medical representation for individuals with rare diseases and their families.
- Treatment for many rare diseases is insufficient, as are the social networks to support individuals with rare diseases and their families. Individuals observing Rare Disease Day take part in walks and press conferences, organize fundraisers, write en masse to government representatives, along with holding events, gatherings, and campaigns.
- The day also includes an open session of the European Parliament specifically dedicated to discussing policy issues relating to rare diseases. The days leading up to Rare Disease Day include other policy-related events in numerous locations, such as a reception in the British Parliament where policymakers meet with individuals with rare diseases to discuss issues such as equal access and availability of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation. Each year since its beginning there have been thousands of events stemming from races and walks to art exhibits and workshops.
- These events are held to bring attention to policymakers and inspire change in the community. Historical monuments such as the Colosseum and the Empire State building have taken steps in sending messages of solidarity on this day by lighting up with the iconic pink, blue, and green colors, providing hope for millions worldwide.
Rare Disease day 2022: Theme
This year's theme is “Share Your Colors.” Those who attended the webinar said they were hoping to influence policies that can reduce the time it takes to get diagnosed; improve access to therapies and care; increase R&D; improve equity, and reduce stigmatization for people who live with more than 7,000 rare diseases. February was officially declared Rare Disease Month in 2008 with February having the “rarest” number of days. Thirteen years later, we continue to be rare but stronger than ever. The ” zebra”, with its distinctive stripes, is the official symbol of rare diseases in the United States. The zebra became a symbol of rare disease because those with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and hypermobility spectrum disorder are the unexpected. The Blue Denim Genes Ribbon is a symbol of hope for more than 7,000 small rare disease communities around the world. Wear your denim ribbon to show your support on World Rare Disease Day
Rare Disease day 2022: Significance
NORD (the National Organization for Rare Disorders) is raising awareness amongst the general public and decision-makers about HHT and its impact on patients’ lives. It's a day to raise awareness of the over 7,000 rare diseases that impact over 300 million people globally. The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is proud to be the official US partner for Rare Disease Day.
Rare Disease day 2022: Quotes
- Your immune system may be of the question, but the sheer will to live a happy life shall never be in question. Wishing you all the best in life on this special day of Rare Disease Day.
- The illness may be Rare, yet you have reached Roar. All the very best wishes to you on the eve of Rare Disease Day.
- you need to understand a simple thing. You are not a burden; you have a burden that is too heavy to carry on your own.
- Together we are strong and mighty. No one can take that away from us.
- If you are trying already, then try harder to see past the tough times and gaze upon the good times that are waiting to happen. Wishing you a very happy Rare Disease Day.
- A rare disease shall never be in your way to achieve your dreams. Wishing you all the power and strength in life to achieve your goals on this special eve of Rare Disease Day.
- Be the beacon of inspiration for the people who are just like you. Provide courage via your toughness
- Share some of your trust in nature as well apart from medicines, while finding the cure.
We hope this article has provided detailed information about rare disease day 2022. The history, significance, and theme of the rare disease day are explained here. The Blue Denim Genes Ribbon is a symbol of hope for more than 7,000 small rare disease communities around the world. Wear your denim ribbon to show your support on World Rare Disease Day. Each and everyone can find this article useful to know about rare disease day 2022. The aspirants appearing for the competitive exam can check the information about rare disease day 2022 in this article.
Rare Disease day 2022: FAQs
Q. What is the theme for Rare disease Day 2022?
A. The theme is “Share Your Colors.” Those who attended the webinar said they were hoping to influence policies that can reduce the time it takes to get diagnosed; improve access to therapies and care; increase R&D; improve equity, and reduce stigmatization for people who live with more than 7,000 rare diseases.
Q. What is the color of Rare Disease Day 2022?
A. The Blue Denim Genes Ribbon is a symbol of hope for more than 7,000 small rare disease communities around the world.
IBPS RRB PO Mains Shift Timings 2022: Check Reporting Time And Exam Instructions
Sep 24 2022
World Tourism Day 2022: September 27 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 24 2022
Questions Asked In IBPS RRB Clerk Mains 2022: Check Here
Sep 24 2022