Raksha Bandhan 2022 - August 11: History, Significance, Quotes
Aug 11 2022
Raksha Bandhan 2022: Raksha Bandhan is a popularly known festival celebrated in South Asia and other parts of the world. This festival is mostly celebrated by Hindu people. On this day, all sisters tie a Rakhi around the wrist to their brothers to protect them, receiving a gift in return, investing the brothers with a share of responsibility. Raksha Bandhan is observed annually in the month of August on the last day of the Hindu Lunar Calendar month of Shraavana. This year Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on August 11, 2022. Raksha Bandhan literally means the bond of protection, care and obligation. This article contains details about Raksha Bandhan 2022, its significance, famous quotes, etc.
List of Important Days in August 2022
Raksha Bandhan 2022: History
- In ancient history, once Lord Krishna cut his finger then it starts bleeding. On seeing this, Draupadi tore a cloth from her saree and tied it on her fingers of Krishna.
- On considering this, Lord Krishna promises Draupadi that we would protect her throughout the life.
- Raksha Bandhan usually falls on Purnima Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Shravan. Raksha Bandhan 2022 is celebrated on both dates 11th and 12th August 2022.
- As Purnima Tithi will be Udaya Tithi Rakhi can be tied on 12th August 2022.
- If people want to celebrate Raksha Bandhan on 11th August they can celebrate Raksha Bandhan after Bhadra time.
Download the List of Important Days in August 2022 with Themes PDF
Raksha Bandhan 2022 Theme
Raksha Bandhan is the day to celebrate the bond of affection, love, and care, respect between brothers and sisters. This is the famous festival celebrated by Hindus across the world. The Raksha Bandhan 2022 Theme is yet to be announced.
Raksha Bandhan 2022: Significance
- Raksha Bandhan is a public holiday celebrated in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Haryana.
- The festival of Rakhi celebrates the bond between brothers and sisters. The festival is very famous as it spreads the duty of love, care, and affection.
- On Raksha Bandhan day, brothers and sisters shall gather together with their families. Sisters tie Rakhi to their brothers which shows affection and protection.
- In the south, Raksha Bandhan is known as Avani Avittam, in the North, it is called Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan, in the Malabar region, it is called the coconut full moon or Nariyal Poornima.
Raksha Bandhan 2022: Quotes
Here we are providing the famous Raksha Bandhan quotes by famous personalities.
"Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply."
"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. Being a big sister is to love your brother, even if he does not want it or love you in return."
Raksha Bandhan 2022: FAQs
Q. What is the timing of Raksha Bandhan 2022?
A. According to Astrology, the Purnima Tithi commences on August 11 at 9.34 am to 12th August 7.17 am.
Q. When is the Rakhi festival in 2022?
A. This year, Raksha Bandhan falls on 11th August 2022.
List of Important Days in June 2023 : National & International | With Themes
Jun 01 2023
Global Parents Day 2023: June 1 History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 01 2023
World Milk Day 2023: June 1 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included