Quit India Movement 2022 - August 8: History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Aug 08 2022
Quit India Movement 2022: Quit India Movement is observed annually on August 8. This day is also known as August Kranti Din. This day is observed as an important movement in the freedom struggle and many freedom fighters took charge themselves. On August 8, 1942, Mahatma Gandhi launched the Bharat Chhodo or Quit India Movement and gave the call “Do or Die”. On August 8, 1942, The India Congress Committee by Mahatma Gandhi passed a resolution of the Quit India Movement. Quit India Movement was launched in response to the immediate ending of the British rule in India for the success of India’s freedom and democracy. This resolution is mainly for the withdrawal of British power in India. In this article, we have covered the important details regarding the Quit India Movement 2022, its resolution, its history, theme, and more important details.
List of Important Days in August 2022
Quit India Movement 2022: History
- Quit India Movement was launched in the year 1942. In April 1942, when the cripps mission failed, the great mass struggle was launched and this struggle was known as Quit India Movement.
- This resolution approved the starting of mass struggle of non-violence for the independence of the country. After the resolution passed, Mahatma Gandhi in his speech said that, “Do or Die. We shall either be free or die in the attempt”
- In 1942, most of the leaders were arrested and lodged in the prisons. People attacked Government property, Government organizations, railway lines and telephones.
- There is a conflict between people and police and the Government imposed restrictions on the publication of the Quit india Movement.
Download the List of Important Days in August 2022 with Themes PDF
Quit India Movement 2022 Theme
- Every year, a specific theme is allotted for the Quit India Movement. Likewise this year also the theme is yet to be announced.
Quit India Movement 2022: Significance
- By the end of 1942, almost 60,000 people were killed and injured. The Quit India Movement was launched by Indian National Congress (INC) and was led by Mahatma Gandhi.
- It was a peaceful non-violent movement that aimed to urge the British Government to grant independence.
- Even though the Government declared only after the end of the war independence could be granted, the movement drove home the point that India could not be governed without the support of the Indians.
- In support, some other additional Governments are also set up for the freedom of India. The Quit India Movement majorly happened in UP, Maharashtra, and Karnataka.
Quit India Movement 2022 Quotes
Here we are providing famous quotes by famous personalities here.
“A non violent soldier of freedom will covet nothing for himself, he fights only for the freedom of his country. Truth alone will endure, all the rest will be swept always in the tide of time”
“Ours is not a drive for power, but purely a non-violent fight for India’s independence”. Let every Indian consider himself to be a free man”.
Quit India Movement 2022: FAQs
Q. When was Quit India Movement observed?
A. The first Quit India Movement was observed on August 8, 1942, at the All India Congress Committee session.
Q. Why did Gandhi start the Quit India movement?
A. Gandhi started the Quit India movement to force Britain to leave India.
Government Schemes For RBI Grade B Exam 2023 PDF Download: Important Schemes With Details
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk or RRB PO Which is Better? Check Complete Explanation Here
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk Bank Preference List 2023: Check Details Of Participating Banks And Its Headquarters
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included