No Smoking Day 2022: March 9| History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 09 2022
No Smoking Day 2022: National No Smoking Day is observed every second Wednesday of the month of March every year. No Smoking Day 2022 is held on March 9th, 2022. The day is celebrated to help those who wish to quit smoking as well as to raise awareness about the implications of smoking on an individual’s health. The day is designed as a time to reach out to friends or family members who suffer from nicotine addiction. Research shows the number of people around the world who still smoke cigarettes and are not actively trying to quit is severely dwindling. The stigma surrounding smoking and the dangers of first-hand and second-hand smoke tend to get more severe as time goes on. But on National No Smoking Day, many are encouraged to help others quit.
The main reason to observe this day is to spread awareness and educate people about the adverse impacts of tobacco on their health through cigarettes and other means. No Smoking Day was first observed in the year 1984 in the Republic of Ireland on Ash Wednesday. It was on this day that the clergy determined that giving up cigarettes will be a good thing for Lent.
No Smoking Day 2022: History
The United Kingdom witnessed that the people in the country are getting addicted to smoking. In 1984, the day was observed for the first time. Earlier, it was celebrated on the first Wednesday of March as it began on Ash Wednesday. However, with time, it shifted to the second Wednesday. Now, it is celebrated as an annual event all over the United Kingdom and in other countries too.
No Smoking Day 2022: Theme
The day was started with the objective of helping addictive smokers to quit smoking forever. This is a health awareness day that takes place every year with a different theme. In March 2022, the theme is said to be ‘quitting smoking doesn’t have to be stressful.’ The focus of this year will be on calming down people who want to quit smoking and letting them know that the process need not be stressful.
No Smoking Day 2022: Significance
The main goal of this day is to raise awareness about the detrimental health impacts of smoking and other forms of tobacco intake. The important message is to assist smokers in quitting their harmful habits. One of the worst habits a person may develop is smoking. Though people are aware of the dangers, thousands begin smoking every day. Coughing and throat irritation are the first symptoms of smoking, followed by bad breath and stinky clothes. More serious illnesses, such as heart disease, bronchitis, pneumonia, stroke, and a variety of cancers may develop over time. It's critical for people to understand how smoking might harm their health and to try to quit as soon as possible
No Smoking Day 2022: Quotes
- All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing that’s why we recommend it daily.
- The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.
No Smoking Day 2022: FAQs
Q. How to celebrate No Smoking Day?
The best way you can celebrate No Smoking Day if you are a smoker is to take the opportunity to choose to quit. It may not be easy but it is clearly worth it as you will improve your health within hours and days of stopping.
Q. When was the first No Smoking Day celebrated?
The first No Smoking Day was on Ash Wednesday in 1984, and it now takes place on the second Wednesday in March.
National Energy Conservation Day 2023 Theme and History: 14th December
Nov 30 2023
List of Important Days in December 2023: Download National and International Days with Themes PDF
Nov 30 2023
UNICEF Foundation Day 2023 Theme and History: 11th December
Nov 30 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity