National Doctor’s Day 2023: July 1 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jul 01 2023
National Doctor’s Day 2023: On July 1st of this current National Doctor’s Day 2023 is observed nationally all over India as an honoring event among the public. We celebrate National Doctor’s Day every year on July 1st nationally as Special Day in July 2023 India to mark the birth and honor the contributions of renowned physician and former West Bengal chief minister Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. The first National Doctors' Day was celebrated in the year 1991. India celebrates the day on July 1 as ‘National Doctor’s Day’ and it’s organized by the Indian Medical Association (IMA) annually. The challenging circumstances surrounding COVID-19 have once again brought to our attention the efforts and sacrifices made on a daily basis by physicians and healthcare professionals all over the world. Doctor's Day is observed on various days all throughout the world in recognition of this noble profession. Every year, on July 1, the life and achievements of this incredible man are celebrated, and the millions of health care workers, patients, and medical organizations are honored.
On February 4, 1961, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy received the distinction of Bharat Ratna as well. He was instrumental in creating medical facilities such as the Victoria Institution (college), Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital, Jadavpur T.B. Hospital, Chittaranjan Seva Sadan, Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital, and the Chittaranjan Seva Sadan for women and children. In British Medical publications, he was also referred to as the first medical consultant in the Indian subcontinent who was more successful and dedicated than his predecessors in a number of professions.
National Doctor’s Day History
- In 1882, Bidhan Chandra Roy was born in Patna Bengal Presidency, British India, on July 1st.
- In 1901, Roy enrolled at the Calcutta Medical College and, upon graduating, left for England for further studies.
- In 1925, Dr. Roy became the Chief Minister of West Bengal following India’s newly gained Independence.
- In 1926, Dr. Roy established The Chittaranjan Seva Sadan, a special hospital for women and children.
- In 1961, Dr. Roy was awarded the Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian award of the Republic of India, a year before his death.
- In 1991, The first-ever Doctor’s Day is celebrated in India in honor of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
National Doctor’s Day 2023 Theme
The theme of National Doctors Day 2023 is "Celebrating Resilience and Healing Hands". This year is once again dedicated to all those doctors and healthcare professionals. Every year in India, when Doctor’s Day is observed, the entire country honors the life and work of its most important and influential doctor, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. These celebrations keep his memory alive and inspire many people to live more bravely and with purpose. He was a great man, and he did many important things that helped advance healthcare in India. Acts of kindness like that have an everlasting impact on people. Doing something simple to brighten a patient’s day or making a doctor’s day a little more colorful could mean the world to them.
National Doctor’s Day 2023 Significance
We commemorate this day to recognize and show our appreciation to the medical professionals who devote endless hours to ensuring our health. It's even more important to appreciate them now when there is a pandemic since they have worked nonstop to save our lives. They decided to serve the country, forgetting about their families. Salute to their perseverance and dedication for not stopping throughout the time of crisis while putting their own lives in danger. On Doctor's Day in India, we pay tribute to a specific doctor while also highlighting the amazing strides that have been made in surgical and medical procedures. It is important to recognize that India is a global leader in medical innovation and technology. The country of India is much more than just a hugely populous one; it has also altered how medical professionals treat patients and how surgeons work on our bodies.
National Doctor’s Day 2023 Quotes
- Not everyone can become a doctor because not every has the knowledge, skill, and patience to offer his services selflessly to patients. Wishing a very Happy Doctor’s Day to our highly inspiring doctors.
- I want to say a big thanks for making me healthy and fit. You are the best doctor I have ever known & you’ve helped me in every way.
- It is not easy being a doctor, yet you do it so effortlessly and always with a smile.
National Doctor’s Day 2023 FAQs
Q. Why is 1st July celebrated as Doctor's Day?
A. In India, National Doctors' Day was first observed on 01 July 1991 in the honor of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, to pay tribute to his contributions to the health domain. July 01 happens to be his death and birth anniversary which coincides on the same date.
Q. Who celebrates National Doctors Day?
A. This is the day to honor the ones who see us 365 days a year. In every city and hospital, in our military, and our rural communities, doctors pave the way to better healthcare for their patients.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
List of Cabinet Ministers of India 2023 PDF Download with Constituencies And Photos: Check New Cabinet Reshuffle
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity