International Yoga Day 2023: June 21 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 21 2023
International Yoga Day 2023: On June 21st of this current year, International Yoga Day 2023 is celebrated and observed all over the world as an awareness program. Every year on the 21st of June, International Yoga Day is commemorated to create awareness about the relevance and advantages of yoga in everyone's life. The world will celebrate the 8th International Yoga Day this year. Yoga, without a doubt, keeps the body, mind, and soul in harmony. It can help you figure out what your life's purpose is and how to adapt to a changing environment. Yoga is an ancient practice that brings together physical and mental disciplines in order to reach life's harmony. Yoga is a type of exercise that involves eating a certain food, maintaining a certain physical posture, and doing breathing exercises. International Yoga Day 2023 is also known as World Yoga Day. On this day each year, people meet in yoga studios or other communal locations to practice yoga together. Every year, International Yoga Day is marked to raise awareness about the numerous advantages of yoga.
Yoga can have a great impact on your life if you practice it on a regular basis. It combines physical and mental disciplines to achieve a serene body and mind; it aids in stress management and relaxation. It also aids in the development of flexibility, muscle strength, and body tone. It boosts your energy, vitality, and respiration.
International Yoga Day History
- On December 27, 2014, The Prime Minister proposed that the UN General Assembly commemorate International Yoga Day with the goal of boosting public awareness about the relevance of yoga around the world.
- Finally, on December 11, 2014, the United Nations General Assembly recognized International Yoga Day, and 170 member states accepted the proposed draught resolution.
- On June 21, 2015, the first International Yoga Day was observed all around the world.
International Yoga Day 2023 Theme
This year, India will have specific events for children, women, individuals with disabilities, and transgender people under the theme "Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam". Thanks to Common Service Centres (CSC) that are promoting the Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) to disseminate awareness about the advantages of yoga among the masses, a big turnout is predicted in villages/gram panchayats as well. As you may be aware, the epidemic has been one of the most difficult times for many people since 2020. It created a variety of psychological and mental health difficulties in addition to harming physical health. Stress, worry, and despair were brought on by pandemic-related constraints, and dealing with these concerns proved difficult. During this time, more individuals all over the world began to practice yoga and meditation to improve their physical and emotional health. These holistic approaches are still important in the recovery of COVID-19 patients who have been isolated.
International Yoga Day 2023 Significance
Yoga is extremely good for one's physical and mental well-being. Yoga focuses on the body's and mind's proper functioning. Yoga consists of Asanas, which help people become more flexible and strong, enhance their health, and boost their self-confidence. Every person should be aware of the significance of International Yoga Day.
Yoga is beneficial to an individual's health. Yoga can help with anxiety, anxieties, fears, troubles, and other issues. It keeps the body, soul, and intellect in harmony. Individuals can overcome a variety of health issues by practicing yoga on a regular basis. Self-awareness, personal strength, and self-healing are all promoted by yoga. Yoga aids in the reduction of bad ideas in the head as well as toxins in the body and improves flexibility, brain function, and weight loss.
International Yoga Day 2023 Quotes
- Yoga is not a workout, it is a work-in, and this is the point of spiritual practice, to make us teachable. To open up our hearts and focus on our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are
- Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees
- When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga.
International Yoga Day 2023 FAQs
Q: What is the Theme of International Yoga Day 2023?
A: The theme of International Yoga Day 2023 is "Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam".
Q: International Yoga Day is celebrated on which day?
A: International day of Yoga (IDY) is celebrated on 21st June.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
IBPS RRB PO Mains Result 2023 Out: Officer Scale 1 Result Download Link
Sep 25 2023
Bharat Ratna Winners List PDF Download: Check Award Winners from 1954 to 2023
Sep 25 2023
First in India GK PDF 2023: Download the List of Male, Female First in India
Sep 25 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity