International Tiger Day 2023: July 29 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jul 29 2023
International Tiger Day 2023: International Tiger Day 2023 is celebrated and observed worldwide as an awareness program on July 29th of this current year. On July 29, International Tiger Day, which brings attention to the declining numbers of the largest of the big cats, is observed. In discussions intended to advance a system for preserving and strengthening the tiger's natural habitat, world leaders emphasize the tiger. Asia was home to 100,000 tigers a century ago. Less than 4,000 tigers remain in the wild as of today, according to estimates. To double that amount by 2023 is one of the objectives for the day. The Tx2 Initiative is its name. Every year, the Tx2 Initiative raises around $350 million to support tiger conservation. The funds are used to pay for rangers and detectives who patrol for poachers. The foundation also supports studies of tiger populations and movements, habitat protection, and even the establishment of thousands of wildlife trail cameras.
The tiger is known for being the biggest big animal on the entire planet. The unique orange and black stripes on a tiger's face and body make them easy to recognize. Seventy percent of the world's tigers are currently found in India. The Union Environment Minister provided this information. Worldwide observance of International Tiger Day aims to increase public awareness of the need for tiger protection. The purpose of the day is to create a global network devoted to safeguarding tigers and their natural habitats. By providing tigers with a secure and flourishing home, we also protect other animals and our forests. We can work toward a future in which tigers and people can coexist by observing International Tiger Day.
International Tiger Day History
- In 1973, India launched Project Tiger to revive the tiger population.
- In 2010, 13 tiger range countries committed to TX2 to double wild tiger numbers by 2023.
- In 2017, IUCN recognized the continental tiger and the Sunda island tiger as tiger subspecies.
- In 2023, The WWF aims to double the number of wild tigers in 2023.
International Tiger Day 2023 Theme
International Tiger Day 2023 is celebrated without any specific theme. Adopting a tiger might do wonders for the WWF and the work it does. They support initiatives that collaborate with regional people to safeguard tigers and also take strong action against poaching and illegal trade. Tigers are currently found in 13 different countries, including Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Russia, Thailand, and Vietnam, where they can be found roaming freely. Only polar and brown bears are bigger than tigers, which are the third-biggest carnivores on land and the largest species of cat in the world. The largest subspecies of tiger, the Siberian, can weigh up to 660 pounds.
International Tiger Day 2023 Significance
The goal of this holiday is to raise public awareness of the need for wild tiger habitat conservation and growth. In 2010, it was decided to observe "International Tiger Day" on July 29 every year during the Tiger Conference in St. Petersburg, Russia. 13 nations with tiger populations made a commitment during this summit to double their tiger populations by 2023. In truth, the number of tigers has substantially decreased in several nations throughout the world as a result of poaching and forest devastation. By 2023, the governments of many nations represented at this summit hope to have doubled the number of tigers. Not everyone is aware of the threats that wild tigers face. You can raise awareness by sharing videos, infographics, and links to suitable content to get more people involved in the cause.
International Tiger Day 2023 Quotes
- On the occasion of International Tiger Day, I am sending my warm wishes to you to remind you that we all have the responsibility of saving them.
- Tigers cannot help themselves and therefore, it is our duty as humans to save them, to work for them today and tomorrow.
- Life is too short and tigers are very important…. Let us act before it is too late… Let us save them before they extinct from our planet.
International Tiger Day 2023 FAQs
Q: Why is Tiger Day celebrated on 29th July?
A: The date July 29 is historic because on this day several countries signed the agreement in the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit, which was held in Russia in 2010. The agreement was about raising awareness about the decreasing tiger population globally and preserving the natural habitat of tigers.
Q: What is the other name of International Tiger Day?
A: Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July.
Also, access free PDFs
List of Space Centres in India PDF: Check State Wise List
Dec 02 2023
World Computer Literacy Day 2023 Theme And History: 2nd December
Dec 02 2023
List of Important Days in December 2023: Download National and International Days with Themes PDF
Dec 02 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity