International Olympic Day 2022: June 23| History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 17 2022
International Olympic Day 2022: On June 23rd of this current year, International Olympics Day 2022 is observed all over the world. Olympic Day Run or International Olympic Day is celebrated on June 23 all around the world. The day embraces all through pure Olympic values. Athletes from every nation participate in sports activities, such as runs, exhibitions, music, and educational seminars on this day. International Olympic Day 2022 is observed to encourage people from all walks of life, regardless of age, gender, caste, or creed, to participate in the Olympic games and to raise awareness about the variety of sports that are held. In 1948, the International Olympic Day was established. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) hosts International Olympic Day 2022 every year on June 23 to commemorate the start of the Modern Olympic Games.
The three pillars of Olympic day are
- Move: It refers to the athletes who are involved in physical activities and are active on Olympic day. Move refers to all the people of different ages and abilities willing to participate in physical activities. The Olympic day run is open to both teams and individuals.
- Learn: Plays are produced in which the character introduces and demonstrates to the audience issues such as human education and health, environmental conservation, women empowerment, and the need to respect all castes and creeds while maintaining links and relationships.
- Discover: It is a program that encourages people to participate in and compete in sports that they have never tried before. Sports are played all across the world, but certain places have their own unique sports, therefore the Olympics allows participants to try out new hobbies.
International Olympic Day 2022: History
- Venezuela, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece, Austria, the United Kingdom, and Uruguay commemorated the first Olympic Day on June 23, 1948.
- The origins of Olympic Day can be traced back to 1948. In 1947, IOC members in Czechoslovakia presented Doctor Gruss with a report on commemorating Olympic Day. The study was delivered at the International Olympic Committee's 41st Session in Stockholm, which was supposed to be a day dedicated to promoting the Olympic concept.
- The idea was approved in the IOC's next session, which was held in St Moritz in January 1948. The National Olympic Committees picked June 23 to commemorate the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) formation on the same day in 1894.
International Olympic Day 2022: Theme
The theme of Interanational Olympic Day 2022 is “Stay healthy, stay strong, and stay active with the Olympic Day workout on June 23”. The day is observed to encourage more people to attend the Olympic Games, to raise knowledge about the event, and to promote the Olympic Movement. The National Olympic Committees are deploying sports, cultural, and educational events based on the three pillars – "move," "learn," and "explore" – to encourage participation regardless of age, gender, social background, or sporting skill.
In certain countries, the event is taught in schools, and in recent years, several NOCs have added concerts and exhibitions as part of the Olympic day. Meetings for children and young people with prominent athletes were also held recently by the NOC, making it easier for people to participate in Olympic Day.
International Olympic Day 2022: Significance
The International Olympic Committee organizes a run with a motto to promote the participation of athletes from around the world in sports without any discrimination of gender, age, caste, or creed. The day is significant because it tries to attract individuals of all ages to the Olympics. Its three pillars are move, learn, and discover, with the goal of encouraging individuals to engage in physical activity. For the past 20 years, the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) have organised the Olympic Day Run on International Olympic Day in 150 nations. Every year, new events are added to the race, such as celebrating the day at school and meeting notable athletes. People are also told about various activities taking place in their community in order to encourage them to participate in Olympic Day.
International Olympic Day 2022: Quotes
- The things you learn from sports - setting goals, being part of a team, confidence - that's invaluable. It's not about trophies and ribbons. It's about being on time for practice, accepting challenges and being fearful of the elements
- Passion is a huge prerequisite to winning. It makes you willing to jump through hoops, go through all the ups and downs and everything in between to reach your goal.
- The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.
International Olympic Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When was the fast International Olympic Day celebrated?
A: The first Olympic Day was celebrated on 23 June 1948. On this occasion, Sigfrid Edström, IOC President at that time, conveyed a message to the young people of the world. Portugal, Greece, Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Great Britain, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Belgium organized an Olympic Day in their respective countries.
Q: What do the 5 Olympic rings represent?
A: The Olympic symbol (the Olympic rings) expresses the activity of the Olympic Movement and represents the union of the five continents and the meeting of athletes from throughout the world at the Olympic Games.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
GA Questions Asked in SBI PO Mains 2023: 30th January Shift 1
Jan 30 2023
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis 2023: 30th January Shift 1 Good Attempts And Difficulty Level
Jan 30 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily
Jan 30 2023