International Olympic Day 2023: June 23 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 23 2023
International Olympic Day 2023: On June 23rd of this current year, International Olympics Day 2023 is observed all over the world. Olympic Day Run or International Olympic Day is celebrated on June 23 all around the world. The day embraces all through pure Olympic values. Athletes from every nation participate in sports activities, such as runs, exhibitions, music, and educational seminars on this day. International Olympic Day 2023 is observed to encourage people from all walks of life, regardless of age, gender, caste, or creed, to participate in the Olympic games and to raise awareness about the variety of sports that are held. In 1948, the International Olympic Day was established. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) hosts International Olympic Day 2023 every year on June 23 to commemorate the start of the Modern Olympic Games.
The three pillars of Olympic day are
- Move: It refers to the athletes who are involved in physical activities and are active on Olympic day. Move refers to all the people of different ages and abilities willing to participate in physical activities. The Olympic day run is open to both teams and individuals.
- Learn: Plays are produced in which the character introduces and demonstrates to the audience issues such as human education and health, environmental conservation, women empowerment, and the need to respect all castes and creeds while maintaining links and relationships.
- Discover: It is a program that encourages people to participate in and compete in sports that they have never tried before. Sports are played all across the world, but certain places have their own unique sports, therefore the Olympics allows participants to try out new hobbies.
International Olympic Day History
- Venezuela, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece, Austria, the United Kingdom, and Uruguay commemorated the first Olympic Day on June 23, 1948.
- The origins of Olympic Day can be traced back to 1948. In 1947, IOC members in Czechoslovakia presented Doctor Gruss with a report on commemorating Olympic Day. The study was delivered at the International Olympic Committee's 41st Session in Stockholm, which was supposed to be a day dedicated to promoting the Olympic concept.
- The idea was approved in the IOC's next session, which was held in St Moritz in January 1948. The National Olympic Committee picked June 23 to commemorate the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) formation on the same day in 1894.
International Olympic Day 2023 Theme
The theme of International Olympic Day 2023 is “Let's Move”. The day is observed to encourage more people to attend the Olympic Games, to raise knowledge about the event, and to promote the Olympic Movement. The National Olympic Committees are deploying sports, cultural, and educational events based on the three pillars – "move," "learn," and "explore" – to encourage participation regardless of age, gender, social background, or sporting skill.
In certain countries, the event is taught in schools, and in recent years, several NOCs have added concerts and exhibitions as part of the Olympic day. Meetings for children and young people with prominent athletes were also held recently by the NOC, making it easier for people to participate in Olympic Day.
International Olympic Day 2023 Significance
The International Olympic Committee organizes a run with a motto to promote the participation of athletes from around the world in sports without any discrimination of gender, age, caste, or creed. The day is significant because it tries to attract individuals of all ages to the Olympics. Its three pillars are move, learn, and discover, with the goal of encouraging individuals to engage in physical activity. For the past 20 years, the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) have organized the Olympic Day Run on International Olympic Day in 150 nations. Every year, new events are added to the race, such as celebrating the day at school and meeting notable athletes. People are also told about various activities taking place in their community in order to encourage them to participate in Olympic Day.
International Olympic Day 2023 Quotes
- The things you learn from sports - setting goals, being part of a team, confidence - that's invaluable. It's not about trophies and ribbons. It's about being on time for practice, accepting challenges and being fearful of the elements
- Passion is a huge prerequisite to winning. It makes you willing to jump through hoops, go through all the ups and downs and everything in between to reach your goal.
- The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.
International Olympic Day 2023 FAQs
Q: When was the fast International Olympic Day celebrated?
A: The first Olympic Day was celebrated on 23 June 1948. On this occasion, Sigfrid Edström, IOC President at that time, conveyed a message to the young people of the world. Portugal, Greece, Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Great Britain, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Belgium organized an Olympic Day in their respective countries.
Q: What do the 5 Olympic rings represent?
A: The Olympic symbol (the Olympic rings) expresses the activity of the Olympic Movement and represents the union of the five continents and the meeting of athletes from throughout the world at the Olympic Games.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity