International Day of Happiness 2023: Check History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 20 2023
International Day of Happiness 2023 Theme: The International Day of Happiness 2023 is celebrated all over the world on March 20th of this current year. It is an international event observed annually all over the globe on 20th March every year. International Day of Happiness 2023 aims to celebrate happiness all over the world, inspiring people to spread positivity, whether big or small, with others and encouraging each nation to prioritize the happiness of its citizens. Unfortunately, emotions like anger and sadness are increasingly becoming a default way to be for a lot of us, so here’s a day to cheer up and appreciate the good things and silver linings in life. It serves to remind us that being happy is a human right and worth celebrating and if you’re not already happy on this day, the celebrations may change that.
The Ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle argued that happiness is the only thing humans seek in and of itself all our other wants and desires ultimately contribute to our happiness, while happiness itself is the end goal. Happiness can bring a fairer and more balanced approach to economic growth in particular, such that it foregrounds sustainable development, tackles poverty, and increases personal and social well-being.
International Day of Happiness 2023
International Day of Happiness 2023 is observed on the 20th March 2023.
International Day of Happiness History
Back in 2011, the idea was introduced to the United Nations by the advisor Jayme Illien. Illien also founded the United Nations New Economic Paradigm project and ‘happytalism’, which aim to change the way nations approach economic growth by focusing on ‘happytalism’ over capitalism. The General Assembly of the United Nations agreed with the proposal and officially founded the International Day of Happiness in July of 2012, with the occasion first being observed in 2013. The celebration acknowledges how important and desirable happiness is to people everywhere and how essential it is that happiness is incorporated into public policy.
International Day of Happiness 2023 Theme
The International Day of Happiness Theme for the current year 2023 is, "Be Mindful, Be Grateful, Be Kind." This theme of Happiness Day 2023 focuses upon three basic factors of attaining happiness.
- Keep Calm: Keeping cool and calm in every situation is the key to satisfaction and happiness.
- Stay Wise: In tough circumstances, wise steps lead to success.
- Be Kind: Be kind to others in their needs, mistakes, and errors.
International Day of Happiness 2023 Significance
The importance of Happiness should be known to everyone and this is the purpose of this day that is fulfilled by arranging conferences, concerts, and other kinds of public gatherings at schools, colleges, universities, and at private as well as governmental workplaces. Talk shows are arranged at Electronic Media and writers’ columns (articles) are published in Newspapers. Nowadays, hash-tag trends are also run on different social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapshot, etc. Happiness is about feeling content and not having to fake your feelings, so whatever makes you happy, you do you! Being internally happy is key to being satisfied with your surroundings, so challenge yourself and be open to new people and experiences. Cherish the little things, and be grateful for everything in that moment.
International Day of Happiness 2023 Quotes
- As people spin faster and faster in the pursuit of merely personal happiness, they become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing themselves.
- All happiness or unhappiness solely depends upon the quality of the object to which we are attached by love.
- Happiness consists more in conveniences of pleasure that occur every day than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom.
International Day of Happiness 2023 FAQs
Q. What is the meaning of the International Day of Happiness?
It is the day the world recognizes the importance of happiness in our lives. First celebrated in 2013, the International Day of Happiness brings awareness to happiness as a fundamental human goal and highlights the importance of happiness and well-being as an aspiration for people all around the world.
Q. What is the purpose of International day?
International days are occasions to educate the general public on issues of concern, mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and celebrate and reinforce the achievements of humanity.
Q. When is International Day of Happiness 2023 observed?
International Day of Happiness is observed on 20th March 2023.
About Regional Rural Banks In India - History, Ownership, Amalgamation, Regulators, Functions, Headquarters, And List Of RRBs
Sep 21 2023
IBPS PO Prelims Shift Timings 2023: Exam Time Duration, Reporting Time And Instructions
Sep 21 2023
SBI Clerk Notification 2023 PDF Expected Date: Recruitment Process, Apply Online Link
Sep 21 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
- All major exams Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 6 Months
- Premium Ebooks Not Included
- RBI Grade B Phase 2 and NABARD Grade A not included
- Note: For Renew this package user, The user will get updated validity, the already taken test will be the same. Results will not be deleted.
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity