International Day of Cooperatives 2023: July 1 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jul 02 2023
International Day of Cooperatives 2023: International Day of Cooperatives 2023 is observed all over the world on the 1st of July of this current year. On the first Saturday of every July, International Day of Cooperatives is commemorated to increase awareness about cooperatives by highlighting how the United Nations shares similar goals and objectives as the international cooperative movement. Cooperatives all around the world will celebrate the 100th International Day of Cooperatives. This day is intended to honour the contributions made by sportswriters all across the world. Their motivation to work more effectively and sincerely is maintained by the acknowledgement of their efforts. They provide millions of individuals around the world with reliable and timely information on their favourite sports, matches, tournaments, and sports figures through their coverage of worldwide sporting events. Additionally, they provide the most recent updates from all significant athletic events. These experts' contributions support the growth and resiliency of sporting cultures all throughout the world.
Cooperatives have shown to be more resilient to crises than normal organisation, operating globally in a wide range of economic sectors. They promote economic participation, combat environmental deterioration and climate change, create good jobs, aid in food security, preserve local communities' financial resources, establish moral value chains, and, by enhancing people's material well-being and security, promote peaceful coexistence. Additionally, cooperatives promote outward equality. They are dedicated to the social, economic, and environmental sustainability of their communities since they are community-based. This dedication is evident in their support for neighbourhood events, local supply sourcing to boost the local economy, and decision-making that takes the effects on their communities into account.
International Day of Cooperatives History
- In 1895, The International Co-operative Alliance started operation in Brussels.
- In 1945, The United Nations was established in New York City.
- In 1968, COPAC (the Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives) was formed in the 23rd Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
- In 1992, The United Nations General Assembly officially recognized International Day of Cooperatives.
- Marked by cooperatives worldwide since 1923 and officially proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly on the centenary of the ICA in 1995, the International Day of Cooperatives is celebrated annually on the first Saturday of July.
International Day of Cooperatives 2023 Theme
‘Cooperatives: partners for accelerated sustainable development’ is the theme for International Day of Cooperatives 2023. International Day of Cooperatives 2023 is observed on this day to increase awareness about cooperatives by highlighting how the United Nations shares similar goals and objectives as the international cooperative movement. The cooperative movement is a form of association and enterprise organisation where citizens themselves rely on self-help and their own responsibility to meet goals that include not only economic but also social and environmental objectives, like overcoming poverty, securing productive employment, and promoting social integration. The cooperative movement is highly democratic, locally autonomous, but globally integrated.
International Day of Cooperatives 2023 Significance
The purpose of International Day of Cooperatives is to raise public knowledge of cooperatives and to further the principles of global peace, equality, and economic efficiency that the movement stands for. Since 1995, the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) and the United Nations, through the Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives (COPAC), have collaborated to determine the topic for the celebration of International Day of Cooperatives. External equality is promoted by cooperatives as well. Due to their communal roots, they are dedicated to the long-term, environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable growth of their localities. This dedication is demonstrated in their participation in neighbourhood events, the procurement of materials locally to boost the local economy, and the consideration of community effect in decision-making.
International Day of Cooperatives 2023 Quotes
- Making regard is an inherently cooperative system, getting quality is naturally aggressive. I guarantee to coordinate dependably.
- In the occasion that you wish to welcome a position, find techniques for being useful, driving forward and cooperative with the overall public whose help has given you the position.
- In the way change comes, the critical thing is to expect obligation during the current moment. By then, life winds up cooperative and that is the point at which you can develop throughout everyday life.
International Day of Cooperatives 2023 FAQs
Q: Why is cooperative Day celebrated?
A: The International Co-operative Day / International Day of Co-operatives is celebrated on the first Saturday of July every year. Its aim is to increase awareness of co-operatives and promote the movement's successes and ideals of international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace.
Q: Who is the pioneer of the cooperative movement?
A: Robert Owen is the father of the cooperative movement. He believed that workers deserve to work in a good environment with access to education for themselves and their children.
Also, access free PDFs
About Regional Rural Banks In India - History, Ownership, Amalgamation, Regulators, Functions, Headquarters, And List Of RRBs
Sep 21 2023
Daily Current Affairs & Quiz 2023: Latest Current Affairs, Quiz & News For Today
Sep 21 2023
IBPS PO Prelims Shift Timings 2023: Exam Time Duration, Reporting Time And Instructions
Sep 21 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
- All major exams Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 6 Months
- Premium Ebooks Not Included
- RBI Grade B Phase 2 and NABARD Grade A not included
- Note: For Renew this package user, The user will get updated validity, the already taken test will be the same. Results will not be deleted.
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity