Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023: April 30 Check History and Significance
Apr 27 2023
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023: In India Ayushman Bharat Diwas is observed on April 30. The Ayushman Bharat Diwas is observed to uplift the ideals of the Ayushman Bharat Yojna. The scheme of the Ayushman Bharat Diwas reflects the fulfillment of the objectives of the Indian government that align with the Sustainable Development Goals under the United Nations. The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi government has taken up the scheme with the same objective to enable people to access healthcare facilities so the major Population of India can get better health and treatment. This covers the population under the poverty line who are unable to afford necessary healthcare facilities and also attain better healthcare facilities. Go through the article for detailed information on Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023.
List of Important Days in April 2023
Ayushman Bharat Diwas History
The Ayushman Bharat Diwas revolves around the Ayushman Bharat Yojna which was launched by the Prime minister of India Narendra Modi in 2018. The main aim of this day is to provide healthcare benefits to a major population of India who cannot afford the required medical facilities for themselves. The Ayushman Bharat concerned departs and authorities launch various schemes and initiatives manually for the economic and social development of our country. The day uplifts the ideals of the Ayushman Bharat Yojna. The scheme reflects the fulfillment of the objectives of the government of India that align with the Sustainable Development Goals under the United Nations (UN). The main goal of the UN concerning universal health coverage is to “leave no one behind.”
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023 Significance
The Covid 19 pandemic cases that affected our country's population during the last two years. The health minister of India Dr. Harsh Vardhan has successfully brought a total of 75,532 Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres (HCW) into operation. Most of the funding for this scheme is provided by the Central government of India. One of the most important features of this scheme is that people in need can avail a cashless hospitalization facility. The project covers the pre-existing conditions from the very first day. The ministry had confirmed in 2021 that even amid the setbacks caused by the COVID pandemic, the functional body has remained on track for functionalizing a total of 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centres by the end of 2023. At the same time, the implementation costs get divided between the center and the individual states.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023 Scheme
- The Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- The beneficiaries are chosen from the Socio-Economic Census Database.
- It is the largest health cover in the world.
- It aims to provide five lakh rupees of health cover per family per year.
- The beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana are from the bottom40% of the Indian Population.
- The scheme also covers fifteen days of pre-hospitalization and fifteen days of post-hospitalization. This includes the expenses of medicines and tests.
- The scheme subsumed the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- The scheme has packages that include knee replacement, bypass, and other treatments provided at 15% cheaper than the Central Government Health Schemes.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023 FAQ
Q: When was Ayushman Bharat Diwas celebrated?
A: Ayushman Bharat Diwas day is celebrated on April 30.
RBI Grade B Exam Centres 2023 State Wise List: Check Phase I, Phase II And Interview Venues, Change In Centre Details
Jun 06 2023
IBPS RRB Book PDF 2023 Free Download: Free Book PDF Materials For All Sections - PO And Clerk
Jun 06 2023
LIC ADO Application Form Reprint Link: Activated, Check How To Download Application Form
Jun 06 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included