SSC GD Preparation Strategy 2022 | How to Prepare for GD Constable Exam
Feb 07 2022
We have provided the SSC GD preparation 2022 strategy & tips here. SSC GD is a National level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to select eligible candidates for General Duty Constable posts in the paramilitary forces such as BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB, NIA, and SSF. Candidates who apply for this recruitment can start their preparation from now onwards. In order to help you crack SSC GD Constable exam, we have provided the smart preparation tips and strategies that should be followed. The SSC GD preparation 2022 strategy in general as well as subject-wise are available here.
The most eligible candidates are selected for SSC GD Constable posts based on four stages. They are Computer-Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standards Test (PST) and Medical Test or Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Get to know the preparation tips and techniques that should be followed to clear the examination with a good score. Check out the SSC GD 2022 preparation tips available below.
SSC GD Preparation Strategy 2022: General Tips
Follow the general SSC GD preparation 2022 tips and effective strategies available here.
1. Be well-versed with the Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Know the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
- For the SSC GD Constable CBE, The exam duration will be 90 Minutes.
- A total of 100 questions will be asked, 25 questions from each section.
- All the questions will be of objective nature.
- Each question will carry 1 mark each.
- As there is no sectional timing, candidates can allocate time for each section based on their strengths and weaknesses.
2. Plan Your Own Study Plan
- Cover all the topics in the study plan.
- At the first give time for brushing up your basics.
- Always allocate some time for revision and do it at regular intervals.
- Do analyse the topics that are of higher importance and practice those topics regularly by adding in the study plan.
3. Make Notes
- Have a habit of making notes regularly on the important formulas, shortcuts and important techniques.
- Do revise the notes regularly.
- Maintain notes separately for each section and have a glance of it once before the examination.
4. Solve Topic-wise PDFs
- Brush up your basics by solving the topic-wise PDFs.
- Try to learn the new pattern questions and solve it in offline first to gain confidence,
- SSC GD Free PDF Download and practice for all the sections.
- Then, set the time limit and try to solve within the specified time.
5. Practice More Mocks
- You can find out your own strategy only by practicing more SSC GD Mock Tests.
- Give equal importance to all the sections in your SSC GD preparation.
- Try to attempt the sections that you are comfortable with first and then go for tougher ones.
- Choose easier questions first.
- Try to score marks in the first 5-10 minutes as this will boost your confidence during the examination.
- Review the attempted mocks properly.
- The importance of attempting mock tests should also be given to reviewing it.
- Learn new shortcuts and tricks through the solutions provided and try to solve it once again.
7. Practice Previous Year Papers:
- Practice previous year papers to get an basic idea of the topics asked and to analyse the difficulty level of the examination.
- If it is in a PDF format, set a timer and solve it within the specified time.
- Scoring more marks lies in the questions that you have chosen.
- Choose the questions wisely and give answers with good accuracy.
8. Take Exercise Regularly:
- Equal importance should be given to medical tests as well.
- Exercise regularly and keep yourself medically fit.
- Start your exercise routine several months before the PET.
- Modify your diet and maintain weight in accordance with your height.
- Keep in mind the guidelines mentioned by the Staff Selection Commission for the Physical standards.
- Be focused and practice with determination. Surely you can succeed.
SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 Preparation Strategy: Subject Wise
Here we have provided the subject-wise preparation tips for the SSC GD 2022 Exam. It covers sections such as General Intelligence & Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics, English Language / Hindi Language and General Awareness.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Some of the important topics of reasoning section are Coding-Decoding, Visual memory, Paper Cutting and Paper Folding, Similarities and Differences, Number Series, Blood Relation, Analogies, etc.,
- Practice topic-wise tests on this section.
- Practice more marks and try to complete this section with good attempts.
- Daily practice is important to score more marks in this section.
- As most of the topics in this section consist of application problems, try to solve topic-wise tests daily.
- Some of the important topics in this section are, Number System, Ratio and Percentage, Partnership, Average, Profit and Loss, Decimals and Fractions, Time, distance, work, Percentage, etc.,
- A total of 25 questions will be asked in this section for 25 marks.
- Candidates should give answers with good accuracy to score more in this section.
- Avoid tricky and time consuming questions and solve it at last if you have enough time.
English Language / Hindi Language
- Read newspapers daily and make note of new words.
- Revise basic grammar rules and vocabs regularly.
- Cloze Test, Synonym and Antonym, Phrase and Idioms, One word Substitution and Reading Comprehension are the sections that should be given importance in this section.
- Majority of the questions will be asked from these sections.
- Practice section-wise quizzes.
- In the general awareness section, candidates need to prepare the Current affairs and Static GK questions.
- Be updated with the latest news daily.
- Attempt weekly and monthly quizzes.
- Make notes of the important information separately and revise it regularly.
As sectional cutoff is not there for the SSC GD CBE exam, candidates should allocate time equally for all the sections. Do follow proper study plan and practice more mocks and crack the SSC GD examination.
Subscribe to our Platinum Plus Package for 3000+ mock tests with exact exam level questions in the latest pattern, Video Course and Mentorship Program to make your SSC GD constable exam preparation a successful one.